Upside Down Podcast
Season 5 | Episode 80: The Necessity of Hope: Fighting Despair & Stubbornly Clinging to Hope in 2021
January 11, 2021
Kayla Craig, Lindsy Wallace, Alissa Molina, Patricia Taylor
In this first episode of 2021, we continue with our focus on the necessities. As we begin this new year, it seems one of the most hard fought necessities we are grasping for is that of Hope. Alissa hosts the episode, with Kayla, Lindsy and Patty joining for a conversation on what it means to fight through despair and work for a discipline of hope.
In this episode, we:
- Define what the word hope means to us
- Talk about the stubborn nature of hope
- Flesh out Hebrews 11:1
- Consider what hope as action looks like
- Think about how our faith as Christians impacts our ability to hope.
- Discuss an amazing faucet/well analogy that Kayla's husband Jonny created for a sermon
- Share the people that give us hope and the things that give us hope
- Talk about ways we each individually practice hope
- Remember the ultimate hope of God’s Kingdom on Earth as is in Heaven
Join us as we consider how to be a people of hope, firm in our belief in a God who loves us and all of humanity.
Recommended reading & resources:
“Hope is the audacity to believe and fight for God’s dream of Shalom in the world.” - Lindsy Wallace
“Celtic spirituality speaks of a term called ‘thin places” A place where the boundary between earth and heaven is especially thin, so much so, you can feel it.The distance between Heaven and earth collapses and we’re able to catch a glimpse of the divine. The veil between our earthly home and eternal home becomes thin, almost translucent.” -Patty Breene (@amoderngrace on Instagram)
News, Notes, and Links:
Support the show (http://www.patreon.com/upsidedownpodcast)