Season Five | Episode 83: The Necessity of Lent
February 23, 2021
Kayla Craig, Lindsy Wallace
What would it look like if we experienced the Lenten season as a time in which we find God in all things, including the suffering? Writer Cameron Bellm and co-host Alissa Molina have a rich conversation about “the ministry of beautiful hard” and how Lent is an invitation for all of us.
In this episode, we:
- Talk about the act of joining and seeking to identify with Christ during the Lenten season
- Consider Lent as a sacred invitation to draw near and to enter into the suffering we’re already experiencing with contemplation
- Dispel the idea that repentance is about shame
- Discuss how Lent is not an olympic sport, and the way we each engage it is unique to what brings us close to God
- Talk about Cameron’s partnership with Lauren of Brick House in the City to create a devotional that helps folks walk this Lenten path with a diverse group of saints
- Ponder the metaphor of the lotus flower: something beautiful that blooms out of a challenging place
Join us as we have a conversation about walking through Lent from the posture of paying attention to what draws us near to God and deeper into the mystery.
News, Notes, and Links:Support the show