Upside Down Podcast
Season 6 | Episode 91: Persistence in Prayer
September 28, 2021
Kayla Craig, Lindsy Wallace, Patricia Taylor, Alissa Molina
What comes to mind when you think of prayer? In this episode, Patricia Taylor, Alissa Molina, and Lindsy Wallace interview co-host Kayla Craig about her upcoming book, To Light Their Way: A Collection of Prayers & Liturgies for Parents, and expanding our idea of prayer.
In this episode, we:
- Ask Kayla where her belief that prayer is real and powerful comes from, especially in light of how much prayer gets casually thrown around
- Consider how everything in our lives can be prayer
- Recount how a difficult experience led Kayla to examine what prayer meant to her and the transformation that happened in her understanding of prayer
- Discuss how she addresses tough and complex topics in a nuanced, inclusive way that makes space for all
- Ask what does persistence in prayer through our weariness and our wait look like
Join us as we talk about Kayla’s journey of putting together her book. We can’t recommend it enough to anyone with children in their lives: caregivers, educators, and so on.
News, Notes, and Links:Support the show